6.01.2007

Heartwarming message from Molly (Warning: Have tissues ready!)

From: Angie
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 12:15 AM
Subject: Thinking about R.J.


Dear Molly,

I've been thinking a lot about R.J. this past week. I realize he probably doesn't know how close we are to bringing him home, and I do wonder what his thoughts are about the matter these days. I pray for him every day that the transition will be smooth and without a lot of heartache for him, although I realize it will be a tremendous adjustment for R.J. to leave the country, the language, the weather, the food, the music, the customs, and everything else he's known all his life. And I have no doubt that he will miss you, Joyce, and his friends at GLA terribly, and I can only hope that we can comfort him as he grieves the loss. I also hope that he will understand just how thrilled we are to welcome him into our family! And we are so pleased that we will have the entire summer to spend together getting to know him, letting him get to know us, and enjoying lots of fun things as a family! Since my teaching responsibilities end May 19, Charlie will be home full-time, and Phil has two extra weeks of vacation time saved up (four altogether). We are hoping that -- even though R.J. will be homesick for Haiti -- he will be excited about the new life he will have with us!

With all of that said, I'm writing to let you know about a blog I made full of photos and videos of our family activities (mostly featuring Charlie) over the past several months:

http://themacomberfamily.blogspot.com

I'm hoping that you might be able to find some opportunities to let R.J. look at it with you so that he can see the kind of things we like to do and what he'll be doing with us when he comes home. I'm hoping that -- while it won't prevent the sadness he will feel to leave GLA -- it will help him look forward with happy anticipation to joining our family.

We are also praying daily that the backlog in the passport office will get resolved quickly so that we can bring R.J. home very soon. We hate the thought of summer ticking away while we continue awaiting his homecoming. I'm fine waiting until the end of May so that I have my school responsibilities finished, but once June gets here I think I'll go crazy if we're still waiting!

So I hope this finds everyone at GLA doing GREAT! I thank you SO MUCH for the LONG update you sent a week ago! We hang on every word and live for every photo. I hope you realize just how much you are helping forever families bond and fall in love with their adopted kids long before they ever get home! Those monthly updates are a vital part of the adoption process, and we appreciate it more than you can know. We actually appreciate all that you do, including the numerous things we have no idea that you do, but those updates are at the top of our list! :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs and kisses for Ronaldo,
Angie

-------------------------------------------------

From: Molly
Sent: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:14:08
Subject: RE: Thinking about R.J.

Hi Angie,

I read and sympathized with your email. However I must say it is the first like it I have ever gotten before... this is one child that though we are going to miss him I CANNOT WAIT until he is home with you. I am so thankful that God provided your family as RJ's family. I always give Joyce the rundown on everything you write about, or share you emails with her, and she feels just the same. Ronaldo is a VERY special little boy here, there will never be another like him, and to know that YOU GUYS are his family is the best feeling!!! God sure is good, and His plan is ALWAYS perfect! He confirms that to us day in and day out:) Anyway, I guess I have diverged from the intent of my email, but I certainly just wanted to let you know that Joyce and I both are just overjoyed at the family that Ronaldo will call his!

RJ and I spent several hours watching and re-watching the videos on your blog, reviewing all the photos, and reading about Charlie's activities. RJ was just aglow! He loved every bit of it, and after one time through the videos, I asked him if he wanted to watch again, and he did, after twice through the videos, I asked him if he wanted to watch again, he did.... and the cycle would have gone on until he got too hungry and had to go eat, but I cut him short. I promised him we'll look again this weekend, so he reminds me:) A LOT! What a treat for him! Charlie, he thinks that you are an amazing soccer player! He was very impressed and clapped at some or your shots. He can't wait to play with you. He can't wait to be your big brother, and he talks about all the things that you two will do together continuously. He brags to the other kids about his brother Charlie with such pride in his voice! I can't wait for you to be together! It sounds like you are going to have a great summer!

RJ wants his mommy and daddy to know that he loves you both very much! He wants to see you as soon as he can!! Tomorrow would be good, or the next day, or next week? But he is very happy to wait until that day is possible. He nods his head and tries to be very understanding. He is a patient boy. He loves his friends very much, and he loves Joyce very VERY much, but we will write and send some photos off and on, so that he knows we still love him and will not forget him. I don't think he'll have too much homesickness, I think that you'll find you are all that he's been waiting for and he's not going to look back once he gets you! All of his friends leave, it's what happens at "Kay B" ["House B" a/k/a the Toddler House]... one by one, and it's a very special time when it's your turn to go... so much fuss is made, and then the day comes when mommy or mommy and daddy arrive.... and all that you've been waiting for since the day you arrived to "Kay B" comes true. RJ has been waiting for you since that first afternoon that I sat and talked with him. I remember it very well. You are his dream come true:) RJ can't wait to show you off to all of us!

It sounds like your prayers are being answered! I know we've gotten a couple of passports out, and it sounds like things have started moving! So maybe RJ is next? Every time I mention Ronaldo leaving to Joyce she gets a little quiet, and I think that I'm going to be the one helping her grieve the loss from this end! I already have the tissues and chocolate stocked up though, so we're ready for the day you guys fly out.... :) Take care! I pray that we'll see you soon!

Blessings,

Molly
GLA - Haiti