6.19.2007

So excited at home!

NOTE FROM ANGIE:
We received this e-mail report from "Aunt" Pam, who is staying at our house with Charlie this week while we are gone. Gram (Phil's mom) is also helping out in the afternoons and evenings. Many thanks to them both! :)


Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:17:01
From: Aunt Pam


Angie, Phil and R.J.,

It was so good to talk with you tonight. When I told Charlie at about 7:45 that we had to get out of the pool because I had a very big surprise for him, he couldn't guess what it was! We cleaned up, got our p.j.'s on and then about 8:00, I told him. His eyes got as big as saucers -- he said, "Mama said they didn't have a phone in Haiti!" [Angie's clarification: Charlie asked if we could call him while we were gone; not thinking this was possible, and to keep the explanation simple, I said they didn't have a phone.] He was very excited! We watched a little of the Charlotte's Web movie to help the time pass and then made our way to the computer (to get the phone number) and phone.

I wish you could have seen his face during the phone call! Priceless! I wasn't sure how he would be after the call (tears or smiles?). But as soon as we hung up, I said something like, "Isn't that amazing that we could talk to Haiti so far around the world?" He was all smiles, hitched a ride on my back and then we went down to finish the movie. It was good we had lotioned up and put on the pull-up because he almost made it to the end of the movie before he was a goner! I carried him up to bed and he didn't even wake up! (Sorry no prayers tonight but I said one over his head as he slept!)

I think I may go in to the office for a while tomorrow, then stop at home for a bit. I probably will stay in Marion on Thursday so I can get Charlie a little earlier from daycare. We want to do a little afternoon swimming and want to have plenty of time for dinner, etc. before we leave for the airport.

Well, I better hit the hay! The "prince" may get up early! Sorry about the breakfast donuts [Angie's clarification: She's really not sorry at all!] but it is getting to be a routine. I will probably spoil all the good habits you have established. That's an aunt's (and grandma's) privilege.

Know that there are many praying for you guys!
Aunt Pam

P.S. I intended to have Charlie write but he was exhausted! Maybe tomorrow! :)